Just a couple of cute stories I wanted to jot down before I forgot. On Monday, it was a heck of a day for both of us. Mommy noticed that your left eye wasn't quite opened all the way (either swollen or droopy), so it made me worried. Then after waving goodbye to Daddy at the window, you fell, hitting your mouth against the windowsill and got a bit of a boo-boo on your lip. Then you kept trying to use the side table in the upper living room to stand, then slipped and hit your head on the leg of the table, causing a bump and bruise which I tried to put a cold compress on but you kept getting upset. It was a heck of a day.
Then, Nanny came over for a little visit and keep an eye on you so I could clean a little. At one point, she went to put you in your bouncer, but you were not happy to go in. I told Nanny to try keeping you in it for a bit, because sometimes you change your mind. I tried distracting you, when you looked up at me and said, "Mom" and kind of reached towards me (in your flitting arms kind of way). You melted my heart, and I couldn't keep you in there after that. (I might be a bit of a sucker for you.) That said, please know you have been saying mom and mama for a while now (including last Friday when you awoke from your afternoon nap and cried out "Mama"), but that time it sounded deliberate.
Then, last night before going to bed, we had our little ritual of reading books before bed. But this time, I lined up the books you pulled out of your basket, had you in my lap and asked you what book you'd like me to read. You reached for your "If I Were a Bunny" book. When I was done, I put it back down and asked you again, where you chose the same book. Putting it down again, I thought you'd choose it again, but you chose another book ("Welcome, Baby"). The next time, you chose another ("The Paper Bag Princess"), back to "Welcome Baby", and then the Bunny book. It was nice to see you making choices... You are such a big girl!
Oh, and as I write this, Daddy reminded me of something else you did yesterday. I was sitting in the floor bending over to do something while you were crawling. You then crawled over to me from behind and began using me to stand up (or attempt to climb on me). When you did, you put your cold hands on my back and I definitely reacted to it. When I went to look at you, your were extremely happy with my reaction, because you had the biggest smile on your face.
And, as a side note, yesterday we went to the zoo. I had to pick up some things from the gift shop because of a coupon we had for $50 that expired that day. While we were there, I decided to walk around the zoo a bit in the snow. You seemed a bit interested, but I hope you will like to go when you older and more able to appreciate it.
Daddy just gave me another story I need to add. Again, as I'm writing this, you were standing at the coffee table wedged by the wall. You had been trying to reach for items just out of reach. Daddy tried to tempt you to move from there, so he built a tower with the soft blocks. You started to get interested by reaching your hands in its direction, but you didn't move... So your Daddy decided to make it taller with some of your plastic shapes. It must have been too tempting, because you figured out how to get down, crawled directly over to it and knocked out over. It was adorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment