Saturday, 2 May 2020

You Are Both Smart...and Scary...most of the time

Just a couple of stories from the past week:

Daddy made his omelette, like he does most mornings, and asked if you wanted to have some. You said you wanted 10 pieces. So, Daddy cut them up and put them aside on his plate for you to eat after your cereal. You were taking a while eating, so Daddy pretended to pick one up to eat. You stopped what you were doing, looked at Daddy and then did the sign where you point both you fingers at your eyes then back at Daddy to say, "I'm watching you"...all unprompted. Daddy and I could help but laugh and be impressed that you had the correct context to use that sign...but also scared that you used it so well...

Next, you were goofing around, like you always do, jumping around or moving about off the arm of the chair while watching "one of your shows", when I heard a thud from the kitchen. I came into the room and you came up to me complaining that you had hurt your arm because of the choices you made. I tried to make you smile by saying the same silly thing I say to my students, "It's okay, I'll just cut it off and then it will be better." You turned to look at me and said, "You can't do that Mommy. If you do, I will only have one arm and then I can't give you a hug." As you went back to the chair to watch your show, you followed it up with, "And I have blood in my body. If you do that, blood will get everywhere." Sigh! You are just too smart...sometimes, LOL!

(P.S. The "sometimes" comment comes from the fact that you hurt yourself badly 3 times in 4 days. First, you tried climbing the lilac bush in front - even though I've told you not to. Your foot slipped and you fell with your leg getting hurt on the sharp branch sticking out of the ground, which was my reason I told you to stop trying to climb it to begin with. Next, you were walking up the steps to the front door, but in a silly manner. You lost your balance and fell into the metal railing, splitting your lip. Finally, you were in the bathtub with your brother and jumping, again against my orders not to. You slipped and fell, hitting your head on the tub and getting an instant bruise/goose egg bump.)

No comments:

Post a Comment