We have recently (a week ago) started potty training you because if the number of UTIs you've had (2) and because we think you're a big enough girl to do it. It's been a struggle but you are doing great. My favourite thing so far has been when you were sitting on the potty and Mommy went upstairs to take care of your brother and you called out, "Mommy look!" I came downstairs and saw you standing up in front of you potty and pointing. You peed in the potty all by yourself! Yay!!!!
Another cute story had to do with one of your favourite toys: the Swiffer. One morning, while Mommy was feeding Alan, you decided it was time to use the Swiffer to clean the floor. I tried to explain you couldn't because there was no cloth on it and Mommy had to go get some more. You repeated, "cloth is missing". I continued to feed your brother when I heard the kitchen chair moving. I called out asking what you were doing. You responded with, "I moving chair". I went into the kitchen saying, "I know you're moving chair, I heard it. But why?" It was then I saw you standing up to reach across the table to get a napkin as you said, "find cloth". You got down from the chair with the napkin to attach onto the Swiffer. I couldn't help but laugh. We then went downstairs to get the proper cloths so Rory could have the Swiffer ready to use.
You are also, as I'm sure I mentioned, a big fan of playing or just being outdoors. Your favourite thing to do on Fridays with Nonno is enjoy outdoor play. Today, you had fun at the water table, filling it up with the hose. Nonno also introduced you to a sprinkler. You weren't sure what to make of it, running away from the drops of water. When Nonno turned off the water you looked at me and said, "I wet" not looking very happy about it. Later that day, Nonno taught you how to drink from the hose. You also decided to take the hose and try and get Nonno wet. Daddy came outside to take a video, and you asked Daddy to stand closer - trying to get him wet too... It's too bad Daddy saw through your request.
No comments:
Post a Comment