Like all parents of small children, Daddy and I have been quick to use the "kissing boo-boos better" technique when you've gotten hurt... Assuming it really wasn't a bad hurt. So when you knocked your leg on a step or lightly bonked your head on something and showed concern, we offered to kiss it to make it feel better, and it often did the trick. In the last little while, you have decided to demonstrate your independence further in this area. I was very shocked when, after hurting your foot while being on the trampoline I asked you if you wanted Mommy to kiss and make it better. You said, "No. Rory do it." And you proceeded to do just that (bending over to kiss and make it better).
I can't remember if I've written about this before, so I apologise if I'm being redundant. Recently you seem to be getting frustrated easier, it saying, "I can't do it!" When frustrated, you often wave your hands quickly, usually destroying the creation you were working on which caused the frustration, or sending Swiss chalet chicken and sauce flying all over Mommy, Daddy and the wall (probably because the chicken would not cooperate and go on the fork for you to eat). *(As a side note, Mommy's family would say you take after her regarding this tempered reaction.) We are working on a strategy of stopping, taking a breath and asking for help. It's adorable watching you mimic Mommy as we go through the actions of this strategy.
You are also bringing up your level of imaginative play. You can be seen playing with your Paw Patrol stuffies or little people in you house, acting out every day activities (like taking a bath or sharing some cake). Recently, you acted out with your Cheerios jumping into the pool or sliding down the slide (your spoon) into your bowl of cereal. I'm really impressed you've made that connection!
Related your awesomeness, today/yesterday we began to try potty training. Your first attempt was a sight dribble in the potty (after a little accident earlier in the morning). The second attempt was like flood gates opening up... You even scared yourself a little with what was happening. The third attempt was less scary... But then you kind of gave up (I'm assuming because you didn't want to poo on the toilet). I had to resign to put you back in diapers, but hopefully things will work out tomorrow/today.
No comments:
Post a Comment