Friday, 26 May 2017

Peek-A-Boo, First Steps and Trying to Feed Yourself Too

I think I mentioned in another post that you began playing peek-a-boo using a blanket while driving home one day from seeing Nana and Grandad. (If nothing else, I know I have video of it.) Well you have been playing the game on and off for a while the past month. A couple days ago, however, you surprised Daddy and I by playing peek-a-boo with your hands while I was trying to change you before bed. It was fun to see, especially as you repeated it a few days later. We can't wait to see how much more confident you become playing the game yourself as you also show us more and more how much you enjoy it.

You have been using your walking toy like crazy and motoring around the house either using furniture to move, crawling with or without objects in your mouth, and walking while being supported by an adult's fingers. One cute thing that happened early this week was when you climbed into your grey bucket to stand behind your walking toy that was parked in front of it so that you could use it. Mommy couldn't get her camera out in time to record it. That said, Daddy does have a picture of you toppled over the same walking toy because you pushed it so hard you fell over it.

We've been saying for what seems like forever that you will be making your first steps soon (but seem to lack the confidence or the motivation to let go of our fingers). A couple weeks back, Nanny said that you took a step on your own before dropping to the ground and Nonno mentioned last week that you did that again, but Daddy and I really haven't had too much of a chance to see it happen. That was until Wednesday. We came home from daycare and Mommy put you down by the door so that she could unload the rest of the bags in her hand. You stood to look out the front door then saw the mail by the door and took a step towards it before you sat down. Then, we went upstairs so Mommy could change out of her work clothes and I placed you at the window to look out. At one point, you turned to look at me, dropped your hands from the window sill and took 3 steps to me before sitting down (that was until I threw you up in the air because I was so happy). I wanted to to show Daddy, but you only took one step in the kitchen when he came home.

The next day, you were finished listening to a story with Mommy (The Foot Book), and took hold of the book standing up. I grabbed your favourite bear toy (Beary), and held it out a but in front of you. You then took 4 steps before sitting down with him. It was awesome! You repeated taking some steps to Nanny the next morning when her and Nonno were there to take care of you. We are so excited to see this new development, but also afraid for the time you begin to run.

The same night you took those three steps to me, I had made some stew for dinner. We were eating as a family, and you began demanding a spoon. So, we gave you a spoon and watched as you attempted to move it around your high chair table to try and get food on it. When that didn't work, you used your fingers to place food on the soon, held it for a couple seconds before you then took it off with your fingers to eat. What a big girl you are becoming!

Oh, and did I mention that in a span of a month your mouth had gone from having 4 teeth, to 8! You used those chompers to try and bite off a bit of bread with your stew. (That said, you've also used them to bite Mommy, Daddy and Nonno. We hope you grow out of it soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment