As the title of this post says, you're almost 11 months and I keep wondering where the time has gone. My heart grows more and more each day with my love for you.
You continue to show how stubborn you can be... My family says it comes from me but I think there's a bit of Dad there too. So, in a nutshell, you come by it honestly.
You have now been going to daycare for a month and you seem to have adapted pretty well to it, which makes puts my mind at ease. You seem to enjoy your new playmate, Mira, and are beginning to gang up with her on her older brother, Aimen... While adoring the oldest brother, Aibon (probably spelling them wrong). This week you also begin going to Noushin by reaching your arms out to her, which was nice to see. This is especially surprising because the past couple of weeks have been inconsistent with going to daycare because you got sick again.
You woke up Holy Thursday with a fever, so your father stayed home with you and Nanny came to help. By the end of the day, your fever had reached a high of 39.7 degrees. We took you to the walk in clinic and the doctor said to come back if you had a fever for 48 hours. You spent Friday and Saturday becoming more lethargic and, not eating solids but drinking and resting in my arms. We did go back to the hospital Saturday morning. The doctor looked at you and said you had tonsillitis. She had to put you on a different medicine from penicillin in case you were allergic, but you also couldn't go on Sulfur because I am.
A couple days later, you then broke out on a red rash all over your body. I instantly worried you had an allergic reaction to the medicine again. I had to take you to the emergency at the hospital. Nanny came with me and after a couple of hours the pediatric doctor said she thought you had roseola. Sometimes it happens after a high fever that persists for a couple of days. The rash would go away on its own, but I had another follow-up appointment a couple days later to make sure you were okay... Which, thankfully, you were.
Now, your appetite is back and, although you have a cold, you are back to your wonderful self. You continue to demonstrate a desire to walk using a walking toy Nanny and Nonno got you, along with walking while holding onto Mommy's fingers when we've got to the zoo with Uncle Paul and your cousins, or around the house (both inside and out) with Mommy. In some ways I want you to be able to walk in your own but know that it will be more hectic once you do. Some say that they think one day you'll just get up and run... We will see what happens.
You are also demonstrating a growing love of music and rhythm. Whenever we put on The Wiggles music or Bubble Guppies theme song, you stop and smile then begin to groove. It's adorable to watch the pure joy that you illicit in this simple activity. I love to watch you! I'd like to think this love and need to boogie happens because while I was carrying you, I often blared the radio in the car and sang along, and because I taught folk dancing at school, dancing in the jamboree while I was 8 months pregnant. People thought I might just give birth to you early for that very reason... But you just had to hold on... Lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment