My dear Aurora, yesterday we had our first experience with you at the hospital (emergency). You woke up yesterday and seemed okay. You went down for a nap but had some troubles getting to sleep. Instead, you stood up on your crib then fell on your bum, causing you to wail. I went in to calm you down and you finally started to fall asleep in my arms. I decided it would be better for you to sleep with me then wake up when I put you in your crib, so I sat in the chair in your room for you to sleep. This was my first clue you weren't well: you slept there for 2 hours and 45 minutes.
I was supposed to pick up Nanny from the hospital, but because you were sleeping so long, she made her way here. After giving you a bottle, bathing you, then trying to feed you your lunch (you refused), I checked your temperature (35.6), then I drove Nanny to Zia Monica's. By the time you got there, you were feeling warmer than you did before. All you wanted to do was cuddle with me and try to sleep. (As a side note, your left hand was cold and looked purple in colour, which scared Mommy... So I wanted to go home.) Nanny decided to come home with us, instead of staying at Zia's to take care of her.
On the drive, you were making some strange noises while you were sleeping. I decided to go to the hospital to just be sure. The emergency was busy when we got there (there were police, a guy handcuffed to a gurney and many EMTs present) and you were definitely felt hot. When they finally called your name (over an hour later) they checked your temperature and you were 38.8. You had also spent the whole time trying to sleep in the waiting room. They came to give you Tylenol and we continued to wait.
Daddy arrived, and soon after, they had a room for us. The nurses checked your temperature (dropped to 38 degrees), and asked some questions. They returned with some Advil after the doctor checked you. We had to wait another hour (the whole time hearing the handcuffed guy complain) before they came to check your temp again (36.6) and we were finally able to go home. By that time, you were more like yourself, chirping and more playful, although tired.
This morning, you seem more like yourself and finally pooped (okay, it was gross diarrhea, but at least it came out). I hope you continue to be yourself today. I don't like when you're sick!
No comments:
Post a Comment