You continue to wow is with your knowledge and make us smile with your hijinks. Recently you were getting under the covers of our bed and Dad mentioned they were slippery. Out of nowhere you started frantically slipping underneath them saying, "Slippery! Slippery!" You took Daddy by surprise that you understood the concept and applied it in your actions.
I also enjoyed when you decided after a game of stomping in all the puddles you could find on our driveway, you went up to the largest one and started to peer into it cautiously, trying not to fall in. When I walked over to understand why, you waved at your reflection and said, "Hi", before you stomped back in it... Then repeated it again (this time I joined in). This concept on reflections was also applied after taking your bath and getting changed in front of the mirror where you pointed out yourself, Daddy and then Mommy.
Today, during your now favourite swimming lessons, Daddy started playing a game with your where you hold onto the wall while leaning back then pushing off. You giggled so much and asked Daddy to do it more (both with words and signing). This is an even greater feat as you dislike being on your back, but quite enjoyed this game.
Another cute story I just remember I wanted to write down took place on Easter Sunday. You wanted to do some painting, so I took out some finger painting paint in yellow and had you do some exploration. All went well until you decided to touch your face, and then your head (the first part I got on video). I was mortified and told you to stop. You looked at me and said, "Simon says", even though they was no song playing. (A great example if why finger painting and a game of Simon says do not go together.) What's worse is that when I tried to wash off the supposedly washable paint, you still had yellow all over your face (looking like you were suffering from jaundice). I had to use baby oil to remove it before we went for Easter lunch at Zia's.
No comments:
Post a Comment