Wednesday, 13 March 2019

Wow, It Has Been a While

There are so many stories that I haven't been able to write and I'm sure I can't think of all of them now. That said, there are a few that stand out.

After playing bowling in the hallway, you then decided to use your pins for building. Nonno helped you out then got so interested in stacking them on the chair and you got bored (I guess) and walked on. Shortly after, you decided to come back down the hallway by Nonno. Without thinking, you purposely knocked over the tower Nonno was just finished building and kept walking. I couldn't help but laugh for a while at that one.

One morning, you decided to help Mommy make pancakes. We were at the stage where you were watching them cook on the griddle when you turned to me and said they were flat, like a plateau (what????). My little girl made the connection from her map book and our discussions about plateaus to the pancakes she saw!!!!

You continue to enjoy laying in bed with Mommy and Daddy and your brother in the mornings.... Sometimes in the secret fort. But Daddy has tried to convince you that he sleep tickles you when you both pretend to sleep. Now you try to do the same to Daddy! Good girl!

Sometimes when Daddy in laying in bed, you try to sneak up on Daddy to pounce on him... But you give it away as you slowly move on the bed whispering, "careful, careful..."

Yes there are a lot of bed stories, and here's another. You are now in your big girl bed and have been since the middle of January. That said, you and I have a ritual at night if reading stories in bed and then cuddling for a bit before I leave. Recently, you grabbed into my hand when I was cuddling and said, "Mommy, don't leave." When I asked why you said, "because I need you." You really melted my heart, as I then clarified that you "needed me" to sleep. Gosh I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment